PIVX Masternode Auto Setup
A Shell script to install an PIVX Masternode on a Linux server running Ubuntu 16.04 and above.
This will require a VPS running Ubuntu 16.04 or higher and installs PIVX Core 3.1.1.
Log into the server using ssh (Putty for windows or terminal for Mac users) and run the following commands: Please consider using my vultr affiliate link if you do not have a VPS yet… https://www.vultr.com/?ref=7221480
wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TidalWavesNode/PIVX/master/setup.sh
Desktop wallet setup
After the MN is up and running, you need to configure the desktop wallet accordingly. Here are the steps for Windows/Mac Wallet:
1. Open the PIVX Core Wallet.
2. Goto RECEIVE and create a New Address: MN01
3. Send 10,000 PIVX to MN01.
4. Wait for 15 confirmations before starting the node.
5. Go to Help -> “Debug window – Console”
6. Type the following command: masternode outputs
7. Open masternode.conf from the following folder %appdata%\pivx (windows) or ~/Library/Application Support/ (hidden folder for Mac users)
8. Add the following entry:
Alias Address Genkey TxHash Output_index
Genkey: Masternode GenKey
TxHash: First value from Step 6
Output index: Second value from Step 6 It can be 0 or 1
9.Click OK and exit the Wallet.
10. Open PIVX Core Wallet, go to Masternode Tab.
11. Click Update status to see your node. If it is not shown, close the wallet and start it again.
12. Click Start All or Start Alias
13. If you are not able to see your Masternode, try to close and open your desktop wallet.
pivx-cli masternode status
Also, if you want to check/start/stop PIVX , run one of the following commands as root:
systemctl status PIVX #To check the service is running.
systemctl start PIVX #To start PIVX service.
systemctl stop PIVX #To stop PIVXr service.
systemctl is-enabled PIVX #To check whether PIVX service is enabled on boot or not.